Monday, June 29, 2009

Back in the US

With the exception of Sara and Laura who are staying in Bolivia for an extra two weeks, we are safely arrived back in the USA last night. I wouldn't say that we are all jumping with joy over our return. It was very difficult to leave behind our friends in Santa Cruz and the culture that we have grown to love. As I woke up this morning in Chicago and heard the noisy Chicago traffic out of my window as opposed to the rooster that has been waking me up every morning for the last 3 weeks I felt an incredible amount of sadness about the change back to the states. We are now all on the journey of making it through the reverse culture shock. Thanks for everyone's prayers while we have been away, pictures will soon be coming!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for taking the time to write about the groups adventures during your trip. I've enjoyed hearing about the work and side trips. And thanks for taking responsibility for the group both while you all were traveling and while in country!
    Best,
    Carol
    Laura's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kept track of you ladies, and i am glad to see that you are back, and having to handle the "reverse culture shock" it is a good thing (in my opinion)because it means that you fee; challanged, in a good way, i would hope.

    Welcome back, and i hope to hear stories when you finally make it home, Newton...

    blessings!

    ReplyDelete