The start of this Youth Venture adventure in Bolivia is oh-so-close and I am feeling the pre-trip franticness pretty intensely. As I make each check off of the "To Do" list, I feel like 5 more are added as I prepare to lead a team of 9 young ladies. On Saturday morning, I will meet up with Carina Zehr and Leah Mueller at the Wichita airport to fly to Chicago where we will fill out our team with Sara Metzler, Laura Sullivan, April Zehr, Hannah Sauder, Courtney McCoach and Emily Mininger who will be flying and driving in from across the country.
The following is a bit of what our schedule will be like in the next three weeks:
Sat, June 6-Monday, June 8: Group bonding and orienting in Chicago
Mon, June 8: Fly to Santa Cruz, Bolivia
Tues, June 9: arrive in Santa Cruz, orientation and go to host families (there will be 2 of us at each home)
Wed, June 10: orientation and visits to the work in Santa Cruz
Thurs, June 11 & Fri, June 12: work at building the daycare center
Sat, June 13 & Sun, June 14: Cotoca and church visits
Mon, June 15-Thurs, June 18: work at building the daycare center
Fri, June 19-Sun, June 21: visit Chiquitania (www.chiquitania.com)
Mon, June 22-Thursday, June 25: work at building daycare center
Fri, June 26: visit Mariposario (www.biocentroguembe.com/eng_index.html)
Sat, June 27: last day to spend in Santa Cruz....
Sun, June 28: fly back to Chicago
I will do what I can to make frequent posts about how our experiences are playing out!
Many prayers would be appreciated for our work, safety, health and Spanish proficiency :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment